Who we are
Our website address is: https://higer.ie.
Your privacy is important to us and maintaining your trust and confidence is one of our highest priorities when you visit our website.
We respect your right to keep your personal information confidential.
Harris Group have our registered office at Harris Group, Naas Road, Dublin 12, Ireland, D12 V065.
If you have any queries or comments about the policy or our use of your personal information, please get in touch with us by telephoning us on (01) 419 4500.
In general, we use the information we collect about you to:
- Improve the website use by collecting cookies
- Support our own marketing and promotion efforts
- Contact you about our services if you have expressed an interest in us doing so
Information we collect from this website
Personal data is collected only when that information is provided by you the user in the following methods:
- We log general information about your browser whenever you visit our website. This information may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit on our site, the time and date of your visit, and the time spent on each page.
- Like most website operators, we collect this data to better understand how our visitors use our services, and how we may improve your experience of our website in future. We do not share data specifics publicly but may disclose aggregated and anonymised versions of this information, eg. in website usage trend reports.
- When you visit, we may also collect information about how you use the site including the content you look at, but this is not personally identifiable as you. This information is aggregated and we may use this information to identify patterns which we can use in our marketing to help us improve our services.
- By signing up to a mailing list, we store your name and email address. This personal data will only be used to send you details of a variety of relevant subjects like topical industry news, information about the services we offer and other items of interest. You can redraw this consent at any time.
Contact us section of this website / Email address
- Job applications and CVs are held and only used by the Human Resources department.
- Requesting information regarding a particular area, may be seen as an expression of general interest regarding a particular area, and we may contact you with related information.
- By submitting information via a live chat support faciilty (Chat Box) your name, contact details and questions are stored in Harris Group’s servers, this is managed by Harris Group staff only.
Parties to whom we disclose information
- As a general rule we do not disclose personal information to any third parties.
Who has access to the information?
- The staff at Harris Group and certain, relevant third party suppliers have access to the information, including personal information that we have collected from you.
- If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners. We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your information to any third party without your permission unless we are required to do so by law.
- We employ third-party companies and individuals on our websites. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Harris Group takes appropriate security measures against unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of any personal data and against their accidental loss or destruction.
- Harris Group has in place high standards of security that are essential for the processing of all personal data and continue to invest in technological developments as they arise.
- You may find links to third-party websites on our website. In engaging with these third party services, you are subject to their policies. We do not accept any responsibility for these policies.
- In accordance with our retention policy, mailing lists are deleted immediately on request of removal.
- Mailing lists are reviewed every two years and if there has been no engagement within this period, users will be removed from the mailing list.
- CVs and job applications are deleted after 12 months.
- If staff have received no engagement from users regarding inquiries, any communication will also be deleted after 24 months.
- This legal notice and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exclusions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access: you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data;
- Right to rectification: you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete;
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten;
- Right to restrict or object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes;
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
- Right to withdraw consent – if we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time;
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, or if you have questions or concerns about how we process your data, please contact us at by post at Harris Group, Naas Road, Fox-and-Geese, Dublin 12, D12 V065. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission, whose contact details are as follows:
Data Protection Commission,
Telephone: +353 (0761) 104 800 | LoCall 1890 25 22 31 | Fax +353 57 868 4757
Changes to this Policy